FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Colleen Valdini,
Public & External Affairs Manager
VP, Public & External Affairs
Phone: (631) 376-4104
Date: December 6, 2011
Members of the West Islip High School Class of 1959 Committee presented a remembrance plaque to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer Nancy Simmons in recognition of the support the hospital has given to the community since 1959, the year of the hospital’s founding. Good Samaritan Hospital and the Class of 1959 are both looking forward to the next 50 years.
Pictured (L-R): Class of 1959 committee member Lorraine Pace, Good Samaritan Hospital Executive Vice President and CAO Nancy Simmons and committee member Sue Muscarelli.
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed (including 100 nursing home beds), voluntary, not-for-profit hospital located in West Islip. The medical center, which has more than 4,500 employees and almost 900 physicians on staff, had nearly 30,000 patient admissions and more than 95,000 emergency department visits in 2010. Good Samaritan is a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Visit the website at www.good-samaritan-hospital.org.
Good Samaritan provided more than $49 million in community service and charity care in 2010. The medical center supplies residents with the tools necessary to maintain good health. This includes community lectures, screenings, health fairs and other community programs and services.