Office Hours and Research Information
The Diocesan Archives collection is available for research by appointment only.†The normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 Ė 4:30.
The Diocesan Archivist must know the research topic in advance in order to retrieve the relevant materials.†Some files are confidential and research use is restricted.
The Diocesan Archives is wheelchair accessible.
Reference requests are also handled through email, phone, or letter.
Photocopying is available; U.S. Copyright laws apply to all duplicated materials.
Researchers visiting the Diocesan Archives fill out a registration form and are made aware of the reading room procedures.†These are:
- The researcherís personal belongings such as a briefcase, bag, file folders, coat, etc. must be placed at the coat rack area.
- Pencil must be used at all times to protect the documents from ink damage.† Archival materials may not be written on.
- The Diocesan Archivist will retrieve all materials from the shelves.† No more than two boxes at a time are allowed at the researcherís desk.
- Materials are to be handled carefully.† If necessary, cotton gloves will be provided by the Archives for the handling of photographs or fragile materials.
- Materials are to be kept in the order in which they were found.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking is permitted in the Diocesan Archives.
A researcher requesting materials from an unprocessed collection may experience a delay in availability.†The Diocesan Archivist may need to review its contents and temporarily remove confidential material.