Stella Maris Regional Catholic School
Stella Maris Regional Catholic Elementary School (www.stellamarisschool.org), located on Division Street in Sag Harbor, was founded in 1877 as Saint Andrew’s Parish School and, as such, is the oldest Catholic school on Long Island. In December 2010, Stella Maris School became fully accredited by the Middle States Association.
The name Stella Maris is Latin and translates into English as Star of the Sea, a title of the Blessed Virgin. This name was given to the school when in 1992, the old Saint Andrew’s School was joined with Most Holy Trinity School of East Hampton.
Consolidating the best of each school, one regionalized Catholic elementary school was established to best serve the needs of the children of the surrounding area.
The parents of our children seek a complete education for their children – and at Stella Maris, they receive one. Each school day, kindergarten through eighth grade, children assemble for morning prayers, the pledge of allegiance and sing our national anthem.
While Stella Maris accepts children of any denomination, race or creed, it is, in all things a Catholic School. Stella Maris is attended primarily by children who come from five Catholic parishes: Saint Andrew’s of Sag Harbor; Saint Therese of Montauk; Most Holy Trinity of East Hampton; Queen of the Most Holy Rosary of Bridgehampton; Our Lady of the Isle on Shelter Island. The school serves children of these and other areas, including: Springs, Amagansett, Wainscott, North Haven and Noyac.